February 4

Where I work

Being a teacher, I do spend some time in the classroom, but as I am also an administrator, a lot of my time gets spent in my office or in meetings.

The place where I get the maximum work done though is the sofa in my home, with a cup of tea at my side and my laptop, well, in my lap. From this spot, I can look out of my large windows at the sea, sip my tea and think, ideate, complete my work, read my email, go over my Twitter and Facebook feeds, read other people’s blog posts or articles, listen to podcasts or webinars.

School is where I do what I have to do, but this sofa is my workplace – where I am at my most productive.

Posted February 4, 2017 by knitarow in category Uncategorized

2 thoughts on “Where I work

1. Kai Dailey

“From this spot, I can look out of my large windows at the sea, sip my tea and think, ideate, complete my work…” What a lovely image! Anne Lindberg-esque even. 🙂 I look forward to your next post. -Kai

Reply
  2. Sue Waters

Hi Nita, your post has made me reflect on how much my device usage has changed with time. I rarely use my laptop — it was mainly used for travelling. I’ve gradually moved from my laptop on the couch, to a tablet and now only the phone.

Nowadays when I travel I generally only have my phone and are able to do pretty much everything on my phone.

Wish I was looking out at the sea from my couch!

@suewaters

Reply